Monday, October 26, 2015

About my friend Matt ...

Last weekend we lost one of the best men this world had to offer, my friend, Matt.   Matt and I were about the same age, and shared a lot of the same personality traits.   He was always quick with a joke and the most loyal guy I had ever met.   Whenever I needed help with something, he was there.  He was going to help my build my first AR rifle, but I kept putting off getting the rest of the parts.   Now we will never get to work on that project -- part of the legacy of a good life cut too short.

He was a devoted father to three outstanding young men, two of whom are in college and one who is a junior in high school, and simply adored his wife.  They are heartbroken, and should be.  Matt was bigger than life. 

He passed away after  a seemingly routine surgery -- a day procedure.   I talked to him Friday night on the phone.  Saturday morning, two days after the surgery, he died at home.

His loss has ripped a massive hole in the hearts of all who knew him.   There is so much more I want to write, but I simply can't.  The pain is too raw, too near the surface right now.   Maybe someday.

Until then, I would ask my readers to pray for his wife and children.   They need it so much right now.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment